Tuesday 18 December 2012

That was the year that was 2012

Another year of having been scarily unproductive. Despite last year’s plans of finishing more projects than I start, I haven’t succeeded much. Oh well, a new year is coming and hopefully I will do better next year. I can at least hope…


I have made quite a few hats, like a pleated brown beret in fake suede and finishing a 50's velvet that that my grandmother once started. And;



A checkered cap



40's style tilt hat


30's style beret with fin




Victorian circus costume

40's house dress


And a Belle Époque star costume, which I don't have a picture of. So, just a few things, really.



Then there is my list of UFP’s (Unfinished projects). Here is the complete list, which is scary, but after giving the various projects A, B or C-status, it does feel more manageable. And, as you can see, a lot of these projects need very little to be completely done.



A- Projects that are to be finished ASAP

18th century blue stays. I had almost finished those when we moved and I managed to misplace the fabric for the shoulder straps. Needs the straps, a few more boning channels, bones and binding.

18th century banyan for J. Pattern pieces cut out.

Edwardian blouse. Pattern pieces cut out.
40’s raincoat. Top fabric and lining needs to be sewn together.

Wool skirt to match the raincoat. Waistband and lining.

40’s green swing dress



B- Not so pressing, but still in need to be done.

18th century brown stays.

Candy floss 1880’s pink jacket. Done, but for the stomacher.

1770’s embroidered polonaise. My eternal project. Sigh. Perhaps this year?

Green top hat to go with the candy floss jacket. Halfway covered with fabric.

Gustaf III’s national suit.

40’s grey wool dress

40’s white shirtwaist. Needs hemming and button.

Regency stays. Needs boning and binding

50’s maroon skirt. Waistband and hemming left.

50’s green wool dress. Pattern pieces cut out.

30’s dress. Pattern pieces cut out.



C- On hold for now

18th century ball gown and the robe de cour. I won’t be covering the cour with velvet, so I’m thinking of using the green taffeta for the ball gown for that.

1660 dress. The underwork on the bodice is made.

40’s polka dot dress. Needs shoulder straps and hemming.

40’s black draped skirt. Pattern pieces cut out.

4 comments:

Sandra Brake said...

Thank you for this post. I've been feeling so bad for not completing things. It helps to know I'm not the only one. When really it's about enjoying the process.

Isis said...

And thank YOU for telling me I'm not alone as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Isis,

Please accept my nomination of your blog for the 'Blog of the Year Award 2012'. Congratulations!
http://lifetakeslemons.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/running-after-blog-of-the-year-with-bonbons-in-hand/

Isis said...

lifetakeslemons: Thank you! I'm not very good at following up awards (bad me) but I appreciate your award! I enjoy your blog very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...