Wednesday 13 October 2010

More masquerade

Yesterdays post about 18th century masquerade costumes made me remember a batch of early 20th century pictures of various costumes. I can’t recall the source- someone on LJ I think. So if someone feels she ought to be credited for these images, please holler.

I love how some clearly are meant to be 18th century.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I need an occasion for making one of these. I’m particularly fond of the French Revolution gal- at least I assume she is that, and the rose. Or is it a peony?

4 comments:

Rowenna said...

I love these--thanks so much for posting! I want to be a dirigible for Halloween :)

American Duchess said...

wow, these are fascinating! They're such detailed, beautiful drawings...but then the proportion is so skewed! Le Pavot is AWESOOOMMMEEEE

The Dreamstress said...

These are so, so amazing! I've never seen them before!

Isis said...

Dreamstress: I think so too! I'd love to have an occasion to make one of these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...